Monday, February 13, 2012

Idiocracy Concepts and Matte Paintings

A few years ago I worked with a small post production company called Stargate Digital.  My main purpose, while I was there, was to be the 3D artist in the Matte Painting department. Eventually my Photoshop and other artistic skills stood out and I was tasked to create these concept paintings and matte paintings for the film Idiocracy.  This was my first eye opening experience in the entertainment/post production industry.

Stadium Concept: Idiocracy
Raw Footage

Monster Truck Collision Angle 1 - Matte Painting

Monster Truck Collision Angle 2 - Matte Painting

Monster Truck Collision Angle 2 - Concept

1 comment:

  1. Looks really cool. That movie was great.
    People on Reddit love your style too. https://www.reddit.com/r/idiocracy/comments/er5g5e/what_is_the_art_style_of_the_cityscape_called/

    ReplyDelete